Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Hermes Petition and the APA

What are the odds that the APA will act on, or even respond in any way, to this petition? Given that the APA seems incapable of doing almost anything, even when the issue is pressing and a certain course of action is clearly indicated (e.g., come up with an online jobs database), I'm not optimistic. I wonder, is there a formal, precedented way of petitioning the APA that Hermes is following? If so, then the APA might be forced to act in order to comply with its own rules.

Anyway, I'm hoping the APA will surprise me, and I encourage you to sign the petition if you are a member of the APA and haven't already.

5 comments:

an ominous moderator said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Go sign the thing. I'm shocked by Feser's petition. I'm not shocked by the fact that he wrote such a thing, but I'm shocked that he's managed to get 80+ people to sign it. I didn't have a ton of respect left for Alvin Plantinga, but I've gone from thinking that he's odd and obnoxious to something much worse. Fuck him. And fuck the rest of the people who have signed Feser's petition.

Anonymous said...

Signed it.

Anonymous said...

I can't help thinking there are some bogus names on the Feser petition. (e.g. Michael Smith? no way; seriously.) It would be wise to approach it with a lot of skepticism.

Anonymous said...

The ND profs whose names appear did in fact sign it.